Coco Styled // Spring Racing Do's & Don'ts
25 August 2017
We can’t believe it’s that time of the year again… Spring Racing is back!
The sun is shining and our racks are filled with beautiful new Spring arrivals. With the opening of our Coco Melbourne store we are preparing for an amazing Spring Racing season and are excited to introduce incredible new labels perfect for race wear. From Derby Day and Melbourne Cup to local race days and private functions, Coco and Lola have you sorted.
To kick off our Coco Spring Racing series we take a look at the do’s and don’ts of racetrack fashion.
Spring Racing Do’s & Don’ts
• Select an outfit that best reflects your style, body shape and something you will feel comfortable in, nothing too small or too big.
Remember you’ll be wearing this outfit for over 6 hours – you don’t want to conscious or uncomfortable in what you wear.
• Don’t be afraid of colour or to stand out. Pastel, bright, prints and metallic are all spring racing appropriate. Make a statement in a wide leg pant and tailored blazer – no one says you have to wear a dress.
• Complete the look! Don’t forget to finish your look with polished nails, groomed hair and ensure your heels are nice and clean. Match your lip to your fascinator or add a pop of print with a fun clutch.
• Wear millinery – it’s what Spring Racing is all about (oh and the horses, of course)! We can’t go past a metal crown and swoon over Nerida Winter’s signature headwear pieces.
A selection of Nerida Winter millinery perfec for Spring Racing.
• Avoid dresses that are too tight or revealing and remember to keep your proportions balanced. A day at the races is traditionally a classy event so opt for a more conservative yet modern outfit.
• Wear denim.
• Don’t take your shoes off at any time of the day even if you are a little tipsy and are walking to the tram stop.
Hot Tip: If your Spring Racing event is on grass invest in a pair of ‘Stiletto Stoppers’ to stop your heels from sinking into the ground.
• Wear anything felt or wool. Reserve this for autumn racing when it’s on the cooler side.
Spring Racing selection available in stores and online now.